In the 1990s, when the Rockery at Holmfield House was demolished before the extension to the hotel, the pinnacle and the Doric pillar were removed to the garden of the Art Gallery on Wentworth Terrace. It is thought that the pinnacle came from Wakefield Cathedral. The Doric column was part of the 170 Market Cross that stood in Cross Square. When the cross was sold in 1866, the other pillars went to Clarke Hall and Alverthorpe Hall. The pinnacle and the column were placed in the Secret Garden in 2012. The Secret Garden was originally part of the nursery training area for gardeners and was restored and opened in June 2012. It is cared for by enthusiastic volunteers from the Friends of CHaT Parks.